Happier workers are more productive and more appreciative of their jobs. They work harder and stay with companies longer.
Managers and business owners alike are finding that allowing workers to telecommute full-time or even part-time is an easy way to increase employee satisfaction across the board and improve small business culture throughout their organization.
According to Global Workplace Analytics, about half of the US workforce has a job that could easily allow for partial telecommuting and 20 to 25% of workers are currently telecommuting part-time. Of course, 80 to 90% of workers want more telecommute options and would like to work 2 to 3 days or more per week from home.
In addition to general benefits, there are many other benefits you will see as an owner or manager who allows your staff to have part or full-time telecommuting privileges:
- Attract top talent easily!
- Save money on overhead.
- Continue to get work done during inclimate weather.
- Be able to claim a reduced carbon footprint.
- Pay fewer utilities and less rent.
- In the case of an IT disaster, staff can still work.
- Share online community workspaces with staff that are as fun to use as Facebook and Twitter and encourage staff morale.
- Lastly, stop worrying about offering the most glamorous perk packages. Staff will sacrifice many standard benefits if you allow them to work from home!
For many small business, moving operations to the cloud simply makes more sense. This includes work through telecommuting and operations like Bookkeeping, Bill Pay and Payroll. Technology enhances life and work. Contact us today, we believe business solutions should be simple and effective so you and your staff can do your best work.